Blog

Rebuilding Project Piano

Posted by Adam Schulte-Bukowinski on January 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM

As part of my advanced curriculum year at the Chicago School for Piano Technology, I've been tasked with restringing a 1956 Yamaha G3.  This is a very involved and lengthy process, involving the removal of all strings, pins, & pinblock, as well as the manufacture of a new pinblock before we install new strings.  And while everything is taken apart I'll of course do some cleaning and rehabilitation of the action.  I've started a photo gallery to provide a pictorial journal of the work through this year.  Check the blog and photo gallery often for updates!

Categories: Restringing Project